O.K today I’m TRYING not to ruffle any feathers but I’m going to wade into this debate. If you’ve been wondering; is veganism the healthiest choice I’m going to look into the issue. As a disclaimer, I’m definitely not trashing vegetarianism or veganism but will point out some issues with research and studies that say it’s the wiser choice, specifically the China Study.
I’m also not letting animal proteins off the hook but looking at the very real issues surrounding it along with finding the best middle ground between the two groups.
In this podcast episode, I’ll try my best to look at both sides of the story along with the positives and negatives of each type of lifestyle.
O.K, deep breath…Let’s do this..
On This Episode Of; Is Veganism The Healthiest Choice You Will Learn:
- The difference between vegetarianism and veganism
- How you can still be unhealthy even if you avoid animal proteins
- What complete proteins are and why they’re so important
- What CLA is and why we need it
- What the China Study was
- Some of the misleadings from the China Study and what the raw data really says
- The surprising “ten-year mark” of veganism
- What you need to be aware of about the Dali Lama right now
- The issue with grocery store meat
- Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratios
- Why Grass-fed meat is the ideal choice and what “grass finished” means (not a snoop dogg reference..)
- Why you should look to veganism even while you’re eating meat and what your dinner plate should look like each day
- Homer, Marg and Bart serenade us..
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- The saturated fat myth: Podcast version or Blog post
- Why you need Omega 3: Blog or Podcast
- Does red meat cause cancer?: Blog or Podcast
- The free Healthy Eating Starter Kit eBook
Here’s the “Salmon color wheel” that I had mentioned in the show:
Phew.. I Think I’m Done Like Dinner…
This is a bit of sticky topic and there’s no way to make everyone happy but I tried to look at things from both sides. So is veganism the healthiest choice? I think it definitely gets you on the right path but animal protein, in its natural form, should be part of the equation.
There is WAY more information on both sides of this debate that can be addressed but I need to sleep and you probably don’t have time to listen to a 12-hour podcast, or maybe you do, that’s not up to me to decide.
Before I go make sure to subscribe via iTunes so you get new shows sent right to you each week and I don’t have to send them by carrier pigeon. Share this episode if you like and leave me an iTunes rating and review if you’d be so kind.
O.K last call…
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via Stitcher (if you’re not a slave to Apple)
- Subscribe and listen on a Teddy Ruxpin (link not available..)