I thought I would do a little combination show here. It’s part insight into retail psychology and how grocery stores are designed to make you spend more money and then I want to share some info on how to save money on groceries
I’ll cover the three best places to get food from a basic supermarket and beyond and how to shop more effectively to find the good stuff and not be pulled into the grocery store trap. It’s a real thing, listen up on what this is all about and how to make the most of your grocery shopping.
You won’t even get hit in the back of the ankle by some piece of crap kid going crazy with a shopping cart.
In This Show On How To Save Money On Groceries You Will Learn:
- The bronze, silver and gold medal for where to get your groceries
- The way you need to shop in a supermarket
- Why grocery stores try to keep you in longer
- The hunt for staple items
- Slotting fees, end caps and how shelf layouts make you spend more
- Is organic really worth it?
- Should you really shop at Whole Foods?
- Why a farmers market might be the best place to get your food
- Why people are wrong in thinking better food is more expensive
- Some money saving tips and which is the best day to shop?
- My SuperBowl recap and which show’s new season has me FLIPPING OUT
Resources I Mentioned In This Episode:
- USDA Farmers Market Directory
- Money Saving Tips:
- Buy Chicken breast with bone in to cut the price in half
- choose pork shoulder over the loin
- Best beef cuts; brisket, skirt steak, flank steak, chuck & blade, top rump
- Frozen seafood is often similar and around 40% cheaper
- Don’t get fooled by “10 for $10” sales
- Dry beans always cheaper than canned
- Shopping after 7pm is the time of day when products are marked down to clear
- Check out the rest of the show for more in-depth ideas to save!
Time For Me To Hit The ‘Ol Dusty Trail
Hopefully today you did learn a bit on how to save money on groceries. If you know of anyone who would like this show feel free to pass it on to them. And if you haven’t already make sure to subscribe via iTunes so you get the show magically whisked away to you each week.
And since you’re busy subscribing to things you may as well subscribe to my email newsletter. Not only do you get a ton of good info I only share via email but when you sign up I send you off a free eBook about how to get started with healthy eating. Free! The best price there is! So sign up below…
And I’ll leave you with the trailer for the show I was going nuts about…