Today is all about portion sizes. If you’ve been to this site before or listened to the podcast, you probably now have a good understanding of what you should be eating, and also, that I’m obsessed with the 80’s.
Knowing what to eat is the first step of the journey but what throws people off is HOW MUCH of something they should be eating. Should you be counting calories? How does that determine how big portion sizes should be?
So in this episode, I talk about the easy way to determine how big your portion sizes should be WITHOUT counting calories and some of the best foods to be eating for protein, veg, carbs and fat.
In This Episode On Portion Sizes You Will Learn:
- Why all calories are not created equal
- Why your body is NOT a calculator
- Foods that do and do not create a hormonal response
- How far off calorie information is off
- How they determine a food’s calorie content
- What to be aware of when it comes to olive oil
- How to measure portion size for Protein, Veg, Carbs & Fat
- Best food choices for each
- How much you should be eating depending on your goals
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Episode #39- The Calorie Myth with Jonathan Bailor
Here’s the quick guide if you listened to the show for portion sizes
- Protein- 1 palm size and width
- Vegetables- a clenched fist size
- Carbs- 1 cup hand
- Fats- 1 thumb size
If you’re male go for 2 servings of each at each meal and woman go for 1 serving each at each meal
So That’s A Quick Run-Down On Portion Sizes
As I mentioned in the show, this isn’t an exact science but a really good starting point for helping you determine the right portion sizes for you. It gets easy to overcomplicate all this but you can keep it pretty simple but still effective.
If you’re looking for a more individualized custom program that’s where my nutrition and wellness coaching can come in handy. You can do short or long term and since it’s done by email we can constantly be in contact as long as you have an internet connection!
If you want to talk more about it just email me- email@example.com
If you liked this episode make sure to: Subscribe via iTunes
If you REALLY liked it go on and give me a rating and review so more people can check it out and feel free to share with anyone you think, like Macho Man Randy Savage would say, Dig it!