You’re probably reading/listening to this on either your phone or a laptop and I can’t get mad at that. I’m typing this on a laptop and both of us are getting exposed to blue light. What’s blue light you say? Well, it’s the blue glow that comes from the screens of electronics that is different than other types of light.
The dangers of blue light are something you should at least get up to speed with so you can understand the problem that they cause with your health, sleep and circadian rhythms.
I’m not mad, I just want the best for you. Sometimes I think I care too much…
In This Episode On The Dangers Of Blue Light You Will Learn:
- What blue light really is and where it comes from
- How it mimics real sunlight
- The difference between blue light and other types of light
- Which electronics you need to look out for
- The difference between T.V light now and 20 years ago
- What melatonin is
- Why you need to be aware of your circadian rhythm
- What happens from too much blue light exposure
- The huge (Yuge) issue with cortisol
- Steps you can take to minimize blue light exposure
- My Oscars summary aka HOLY CRAP!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- The complete sleep guide
- Episode #11: How To Cope With Stress
- Free Healthy Eating Starter Kit eBook
O.K That’s All She Wrote, You Don’t Have To Go Home But You’ve Got To Leave Here
Actually, that’s rude, feel free to stay and have a look around the website. There’s a ton of great information and podcasts on every topic you could think of relevant to your health, just like the dangers of blue light. I just ask that you leave things the way you found them and take your shoes off when you come in, I just cleaned.
If you haven’t already make sure to subscribe via iTunes so you get this here goodness delivered to your device of choice each week.
Also, feel free to share this with anyone you think would enjoy it too, there should be some of those new fangled social media share buttons around here somewhere. And if you REALLY liked the show make sure to give it a rating and review on the ‘ol iTunes machine.
O.K, that’s all she wrote but since we were talking about different forms of technology, here’s a hilarious piece from the BBC in 1982 on the earliest touch screen devices.
Hey dude, 1982 called, It want’s it’s hair back!
oh wait, nevermind…