Today is all about food storage tips and we’ve always been told: “waste not want not”. Or waste all you want, I won’t judge. But when it comes to eating healthy that means keeping more real whole foods on hand. This is great nutrition wise but we all know this stuff can spoil pretty quickly and this is what can derail your healthy eating plans without some good food storage tips.
You have the goal to eat a giant salad with lots of veggies and you go to the fridge to find the spinach and it’s just a big brown pile of mess. Into the garbage it goes like my hopes and dreams. But you don’t need to be wasting that much. In today’s episode, I talk about how you can store your food better to save quite a bit of money over the course of the year.
P.S how creepy is it that the Swedish Chef always had human hands..
In This Episode On Food Storage Tips You Will Learn:
- Why your fridge needs to be up to speed
- Why you shouldn’t keep your fridge too full (#FirstWorldProblems)
- How much food we throw out each month and how much that blows a year
- A few quick shopping tips to get you started
- Why onions need pantyhose
- Green onions and water bottles
- How to preserve avocado and guac
- What salad and vegetables should really be stored in
- How you’ve been storing asparagus the wrong way
- What you don’t want to store potatoes with
- The way to keep berries from going moldy
- The one fruit that can spoil your other fruit
- The correct way to store tomatoes
- + a whole lot more!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- 100 Great Tips To Save Money On Groceries
- The Strategic Grocery Shopping Guide (Amazon best seller for a short time!)
- Episode #114: Why your fridge may be making you sick
- Episode #107: How To Save Money On Groceries
- Free Healthy Eating Starter Kit eBook
It’s Time For Me To Make Like A Tree & Get Outta Here
If you know who said that I’ll give you a virtual chest bump and a virtual running high five. But thanks for checking out this episode on food storage tips. If you haven’t already make sure to:
- Subscribe via iTunes (leave a rating & review if you think I’m epic)
If you liked this show feel free to share with anyone you think might like it. There are some lots of social media sharing buttons around here somewhere, I can never find anything. But thanks for listening and taking the time to check out my show. If you’re new here welcome and WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!? Sorry.. that came out of nowhere. But I’ll leave you this to make it up to you: