If you’ve been wondering if CrossFit is the only way you can get fit then this show is for you. I’ve dealt with a lot of ex-CrossFitters who now choose to avoid Crossfit and I’ve learned the reasons why. CrossFit has had a huge growth from when it started in 2000 with now over 13,000 affiliates around the world. It’s everywhere you look and it might seem that it’s the only way to truly get fit.
In today’s episode I break down what CrossFit is all about and the issues you need to consider as far as if it may or may not be a good fit for you. I pass on the concerns people have shared with me so you can get all the information possible to make an informed decision.
Fun Fact: Dolph Lundgren acting as Ivan Drago in that picture there hit Sylvester Stallone so hard while Filming Rockey IV that when it sent him to the hospital they thought Stallone had been in a car accident. And he also played He-Man in the HORRIBLE Masters of the Universe movie.
O.K, Show time!
On This Episode About If You Should Avoid CrossFit You Will Learn:
- This history of CrossFit and how it grew
- What type of exercises make up a CrossFit workout
- What a WOD is
- The issues beginners face
- The type of coaches you need to look for
- The type of people that tend to gravitate towards it
- The issues with recovery and overtraining
- Limitations that come from CrossFit
- How much does it really cost?
- Some of the big things CrossFit is missing you might not be O.K with
- The benefits of CrossFit and who it may serve well
- The advantage of groups training and community
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Blog Post: Benefits Of High-Intensity Interval Training
- Podcast #37: High-Intensity Interval Training
- Episode #113: Low-Intensity Interval Training
- Episode #30: Tabata Training, Better Than HIIT?
- My free Healthy Eating Starter Kit eBook
- My Amazon best-selling book: Taking Back Your Health
It’s Time To Leave, You Don’t Have To Go Home But You Got To Get The Hell Outta Here!
Actually, that’s not true, feel free to stay and have a look around. Just close the door on your way out and make sure the cat doesn’t get out. Make yourself at home and browse through some of the old shows and blogs I’ve done. I guarantee you’ll find some things that interest you.
If you’re new here thanks for stopping by San Diego and make sure to subscribe via iTunes so that new shows get automatically sent to you when I put them out on the interwebs. It saves me a ton of shipping if you’d just download them that way…
So on that note, I’ll finish things off with a helpful reminder checklist:
- Subscribe to the Regained Wellness newsletter
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes
- Subscribe & Listen on Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe & listen on an Atari 2600 (link not available)
Now, let’s finish on a great 1980’s training montage. Who DOESN’T love a good montage..