The term diet is not an ideal one, it conveys the idea of restriction and depriving yourself things. This is why a healthy eating lifestyle is a better approach so how does the alkaline diet fit in?
There are lots of healthy eating lifestyles: paleo, Mediterranean, Vegan, Vulcan..so does the alkaline diet stand out from any of them. Today on the podcast I want to break down what this diet is all about and why being in an alkaline state is more beneficial for your body.
There will be laughs, tears and a return to high school so buckle up buckaroos…
In This Episode On The Alkaline Diet You Will Learn:
- Why you want to be careful with any approach concerning “dieting”
- Why you want your body in an alkaline state
- The dangers of being in an acidic state
- The pH scale and how things fall in line with that
- Foods that promote an alkaline state
- Acidic forming foods and what you need to avoid
- The issues that put dairy and beef into being less beneficial
- Why blood pH and urine pH are very different
- How your body naturally balances between various pH scales
- How you can incorporate an alkaline diet into your lifestyle
- The main takeaway from this whole subject
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Thanks For Breaking Out The Acid Washed Jeans & Joining Me
This was a tiny little trip down memory lane back to high school which for me did include acid wash jeans, a short-lived mullet and my sweet walkman with a Def Leppard mixtape inside.
Like I said in the episode we need to move away from this concept of diet and instead focus on a healthy eating lifestyle. The alkaline diet can work in this way in that it’s not really a diet but includes a various amount of foods that you should be looking to have in your diet on a day to day level.
It’s true we want to keep our body away from an acidic state and learning today the foods that cause that easily can help get you on the way to a healthier self. Helping to accentuate the benefits of these ways of eating is making a point to also get good exercise and sleep daily. Put this all together and that’s when real health starts to take form.
And on that note, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes (leave a rating and review if you liked it) and feel free to share this episode with anyone you think might benefit from it.
O.K, here’s Def Leppard to play us out…