Homer Simpson might have said it best when he said, “to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems”.
Alcohol can definitely cause some issues that involved you streaking through the quad at four in the morning but there’s one drink that may stand above the rest: red wine. Can red wine make you healthy? It’s an interesting topic and it may be the best choice of all drinks and the health benefits associated with it may surprise you.
So let’s crank up some UB40 and have a listen to my podcast on red red wine…
In This Episode On Can Red Wine Make You Healthy You Will Learn:
- The number one compound that makes red wine healthy
- What the French paradox is
- Why are antioxidants and polyphenols so important?
- What makes red wine the superior choice even over white wines
- 3 huge health benefits red wine provides
- Why fermentation can be so beneficial to human health
- How red wine improves things like HDL and heart issues
- The best varieties you should look for and from which region
- Why you can’t get these effects from grapes or grape juice
- What approach you should take if you don’t like alcamahol
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- studies supporting the French paradox
- polyphenols research and info
- health effects from Scripps Research Institute
- Episode #18: Can Alcohol Have A Place In A Healthy Diet?
- Free Healthy Eating Starter Kit eBook
It’s Closing Time, You Don’t Have To Go Home But You Have to Leave Here
If you’ve wondered can red wine make you healthy hopefully I’ve shared some good info about the possible health benefits that come from it. If you’re not a drinker you don’t need to feel that you have to just start drinking to get extra health benefits as there are lots of great ways to get resveratrol and polyphenols from other sources.
If you do like to partake in the occasional bevvy then red wine could be your new go-to choice thanks to all the health benefits that come with it. I’m afraid the crantini or long island ice tea is not pulling its weight anymore.
And red wine will make you less likely to perform Don’t Stop Believing at 2 am Karaoke..