Stress is all around us and it ain’t going away anytime soon. It can take many forms from physical and mental stress to stresses we create that aren’t necessary like me not being able to gain the skill to macrame a pair of jean shorts. You can see how Bruce Banner above had trouble handling stress and resulted in him being in a pair of cut-off jean shorts himself…
I’m sure you think about how you can better manage stress and that’s the right approach. We’re never going to fully eliminate it and instead need to learn how to better manage it. Some stress is actually ok and beneficial to us but we don’t want it to get out of control.
In the episode today I look at what causes stress, all the issues associated with it and some ways you can start managing it better today
In This Episode On How You Can Better Manage Stress You Will Learn:
- What stress actually is in the body
- Why it doesn’t matter if stress is real or perceived
- The different healthy issues that stress hormones cause in the body
- Modern stress and how many people are affected by it
- The amount of doctors office visits that are stress related
- What this is doing to our economy
- The 3 main things that put stress on our body
- What psychologist say is the main thing to address when dealing with stress
- Mindset changes you need to make as it relates to stress
- 5 steps you can take to deal with stress
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- How stress affects your body
- stress management from the American Heart Association
- Free Healthy Eating Starter Kit eBook
- My book: Taking Back Your Health
O.K Time To Take A Breath But Thank You For Listening:
I think one of the big takeaways in how you can better manage stress is that realization that a lot of what causes stress is out of your control. Recognizing this can get you in a better mindset that makes it more manageable. Once you realize that you can never fully eliminate stress it puts you at peace in a way and that’s a good state to be able to manage it.
If you liked this episode feel free to share it with anyone you think might benefit from it and go on and share it around with those fancy social media buttons that should be around here somewhere. Nothing is ever where I put it… and if you haven’t make sure to subscribe on iTunes to get the shows automatically sent to you when they come out. It saves me a lot on postage..