If you’re reading this late at night what are you doing?! Get off here and go to bed! But seriously I do appreciate the support and I’m here to help with 5 ways to get better sleep tonight.
Sleep if taken for granted can be the biggest issues facing your health and wellness. We tend to wear our ability to function off a lack of sleep as some sort of “badge of honor” and the ability to “burn the candle at both ends” could be hurting you in the long run.
That was a lot of quotes
Basically, if you want to be as healthy and fit as possible sleep needs to be priority #1 and that’s what we’re talking about here today.
Ferris Bueller FunFacts: The construction worker dancing in the parade scene wasn’t part of the movie, the cameras just caught him dancing on his own. Charlie Sheen stayed up for two straight days to get into police character and a theory behind the movie is that Ferris never existed and is an idea that Cameron has dreamt up.
Alright, show time..
In This Episode On 5 Ways To Get Better Sleep Tonight You Will Learn:
- 5 critical things sleep is involved with in your sweet body
- The issue of stress hormones and cortisol
- The LONG list of conditions that are caused by elevated stress hormones
- The importance of darkness
- Why you need to be aware of melatonin and how it works in you
- The ideal temperature that your room should be at for sleep
- The issue with caffeine and when you need to cut it off by
- What a caffeine “half-life” is
- The dangers of blue light and how to limit your exposure
- Why consistency is so important for your body and sleep
- How to create a good wind down routine
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Episode #36- Better Sleep, Better Health w/ Shawn Stevenson
- Episode #125: How To Better Manage Stress
- Episode #110: Dangers Of Blue Light
Thanks For Stopping By, I Hope You Learned A lot Now Off To Bed!
You don’t have to go home but you’ve got to get out of here! Actually, feel free to stay and have a look around. I’ve got a ton of past podcasts and blogs that I know that you’ll find interesting. Make sure to close the door behind you and try to not wake the dog on your way out. He goes nuts.
I hope with these 5 tips to get better sleep tonight that you are able to use a few or even all of them to start getting better sleep right away. If this has been something you’ve been neglecting it’s time to start getting on top of it. Your health will really reward you for it.
So before I go to bed here’s a checklist for you to stay on top of: