So long sweet sweet summer. You were good, warm, kind and like any money I earn, gone too soon..
The end of summer can be seen as depressing and a letdown but today I want to make you look at it in a different way and to embrace September and the fall the way people do with resolutions in the New Year. It’s time for back to school and getting back into routines. This is the perfect jumping off point to take control of your health, get on the road to better fitness or get back on it if you’ve been having one too many strawberry margaritas this summer..
O.K podcast, take it away!
In This Episode On New Year’s In September You Will Learn:
- Taking advantage of good weather
- How to set yourself up best for the rest of the year
- What REALLY makes for the best workout
- Ways to easily switch up and improve your fitness
- Some of the best new activities you can get involved with
- What I think is one of the best sport/hobbies you can do
- Signs you’re doing cardio effectively
- Why September is like Christmas if you’re a foodie
- How to take advantage of local produce
- My top tips for overhauling your diet
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Podcast #37: Why High-Intensity Interval Training is King
- Podcast #14: The Damaging Effects Of Sugar
- Benefits of Kombucha
Top Nutrition Tips To Get You Started:
- Start the day with a large glass of water with apple cider vinegar and fresh lemon
- Drink half your weight in ounces of water each day
- Replace grains with greens
- Slow down your eating time and try to take at least 15-20 minutes to finish
- Eliminate or drastically reduce sugar
- Ditch the seed and vegetable oils
O.K Summer 2017 You’ve Been A Beauty & We Thank You!
I hope you can see now why New Year’s in September and not January is the best time to start taking control of your health or get back on the right track if you’ve strayed for the summer. If you’re new to fitness and health the key is to start slow and build gradually from there. If you’ve been healthy I hope this serves as a good refresher and motivation to get back on the right track.
And hopefully, we never have to here Despacito ever again…
Here’s a MUCH better song: