Back at it again with a freshhhhhhhh new podcast. I like to talk about fitness and I like to talk about sleep so today I’m combining them both into a sweet new episode that will take you less time to listen to than my album of Celine Dion covers.
This show covers how exercise improves sleep along with some good insights into why exercise is so important in the first place. This tends to slip peoples minds as they just end up going through the motions with their fitness forgetting what it’s actually doing for them in the long run.
So if you’re bingo bango ready to go-go we’ll get started..
In This Episode On How Exercise Improves Sleep You Will Learn:
- The long list of health benefits that come from exercise
- How to find the best time of day to workout
- Why what you do in the morning can impact you at night
- Sleep cycles and your circadian rhythm
- Issues with working out later in the day
- What the research says about early morning workouts and sleep
- What the best workout for you actually is
- How many minutes of exercise per day and week is the sweet spot
- The greatest couple of our time…
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- www.patreon.com/wellness – Patreon is a way for you to support me in creating and improving the podcast for as low as $2 a month and different support levels get you different rewards. This show will always be free but I appreciate you even checking the Patreon page out to learn more
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center sleep studies
- American Heart Association exercise recommendation
- Episode #37- High-Intensity Interval Training
- Episode #113- Low-Intensity Interval Training
- Episode #30- Tabata Training
- Episode #127- How To Get Better Sleep Each Night
O.K, It’s Time To Make Like A Tree And Get Outta Here
That’s it for how exercise improves sleep and it certainly was a wild adventure! Seriously though, thank you for listening and checking out the show I appreciate it and I’m sending you a virtual running and jumping high five that ends in a freeze frame shot that ends with the Saved By The Bell closing credits music.
If you liked this show please share with any people you think would also like it, you can hit the share buttons that my decorator has placed around here somewhere.
But before I go some last second housekeeping issues:
- Check me out to support on Patreon
- Subscribe to the newsletter and get the free e-Book!
- Subscribe & listen on iTunes (leave a rating and review pretty please!)
- Listen on Stitcher Radio
- Listen on an old Speak n’ Spell (link not available)