Alright, co-eds this one’s for you and it’s all about avoiding the freshman 15. Actually, even if you’re not in college this episode is packed full of tips on avoiding weight gain.
This might seem a bit later in the year to talk about something that should be in mind before college starts but as we go into the fall and the holidays this is when bad habits start to really take place.
College is a magical time filled with higher learning and jello shots but with the average student gaining 15 pounds in their freshman year how can you combat this? As per use, I’ve got you covered. So grab you letterman sweater, a Four Loko and put on your knock-off Beats headphones because the real things are too expensive while you’re on a budget.
IT. IS. PODCAST. TIME
In This Episode On Avoiding The Freshman 15 You Will Learn:
- What the freshman 15 is if you’re not from around these parts
- Why the fall is the best time to address the issue
- Why the end of the year is so bad for weight gain
- The one mistake pretty much everyone is making when they eat that leads to weight gain
- What foods you want to eat first during a meal
- A simple switch you can make to avoid too many calories
- Making the best use of your cafeteria or food court
- Best fast food choices
- The importance of water intake
- The alcohol issue and what the best drink choices are
- The importance of sleep to combat weight gain
- How stress makes you gain weight
- Avoiding streaking…
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Support the show for as low as $2 a month: patreon.com/wellness
- Episode #125: How To Better Manage Stress
- 5 Reasons To Drink More Water
- Episode #18: Alcohol
You’ve Been A Beautiful Audience, Thank You!
Hopefully, by putting some of these tips into practice you’ll know more about avoiding the freshman 15 and try to shoot for the freshman 4.0, is that a real thing though?
Anyhoo, if you liked this episode feel free to share it with people in your polysci class or that roommate who hasn’t been in school for like 3 years now and is just hanging around like a bad smell.
If you haven’t already make sure to subscribe on iTunes and if you really liked it leave it a rating and review so more people get the chance to listen to my sweet sweet voice.