It’s 2018 and the podcast is back and raring to go. Today we’re looking at should you still make a New Year’s resolution? I’ve been on both sides of the fence on this one and I do understand if you see them as overhyped and not effective. The stats will back you up as well as not many people are able to see them through. However, I’ve come to realize a New Year’s resolution can actually be useful and effective. If you choose to do them you NEED to go about it in the right way and that’s what this podcast is all about.
Today I’m going to lay it out for you in why they can be effective, the right way to do them and the diet and nutrition tips you’ll want to follow. I also touch on exercise and how to navigate the packed gyms during this time of year.
So settle in for a long winters podcast and listen up…
In This Episode on: Should You Still Make A New Year’s Resolution? You Will Learn:
- The origin of the Time’s Square ball drop and why we sing Auld Lang Syne
- The stats on how many people are able to see a New Year’s resolution through, how long they tend to last and the failure rate
- The pros and cons of New Year’s resolutions
- Why the failure rate is so high and how to combat it
- The first thing you want to start your day with
- How much water you really need to drink each day
- The one big thing you can do to avoid overeating
- The one thing you want to start eating at least once a day
- The food items you need to start replacing
- Why you need more sleep
- The big thing to eliminate or drastically reduce
- How to make the best food choices
- How to navigate the busy gyms but also how you may be able to improve someone’s life
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Subscribe on iTunes: The Regained Wellness Podcast
- Online nutrition coaching with me: Regainedwellness.com/coaching
- The complete sleep guide Blog
- 5 Tips For Better Sleep: Podcast
- My Amazon #1 Book: Taking Back Your Health
- Support me for as little as $2 a month on Patreon: patreon.com/wellness
Thanks For Listening & We’re Going To Have The Hap-Hap-Happiest New Year Since Bing Crosby Tap Dance With Danny ******* Kay!
The New Year can be tough as motivation may be high but it’s hard to get things in gear after the chaos of your holidays. Add to that the potential horrific weather outside that just makes you want to curl up and watch the Princess Bride all day. You might not also like the arbitrary and over the top blaring of New Year’s resolutions that are in your face every January. I get that but like I mentioned in the show this can still serve a purpose. Even if it’s possibly annoying it can be that yearly reminder to take your health seriously and one year it may finally kick in. Make that year this year.
So should you still make a New Year’s resolution? I don’t think they’re absolutely necessary but I’ve found that they can be really helpful. The important thing is to approach them the right way and set yourself up for success. In this episode, I think I’ve laid out a good plan that’s based on building behavioral changes slowly and surely as opposed to an instant health and diet overhaul.
So get started and don’t worry The Princess Bride will still be waiting for you. Did you know Andre the Giant once drank 128 beers in one sitting and then still had wine with dinner? You didn’t? Well you do now!
Happy New Year