Breakfast cereals got away with it for a long time.
Sure they were filled with sugar and crap but they at least didn’t try to broadcast that. They had named like Trix, Fruity Pebbles, and Boo Berry. They almost sounded healthy. Until Cookie Crisp.. At this point it was like they were just saying “screw it, you’re eating cookies for breakfast.” At least they were being straight up.
Many foods have somehow worn the mask of being healthy but have kept the fact they are far from healthy under wraps. There are a lot of unhealthy “healthy” foods out there and in this podcast, I share a bunch of the most common ones. There might be some favorites of yours on this list so hopefully, it’s not too crushing to learn about why they might be so unhealthy but it’s better to just know. This podcast will be like ripping a band-aid off; painful but over quick.
Like my love life.
In This Episode on Unhealthy Healthy Food You Will Learn:
- The truth behind the danger of diet soft drinks and aspartame
- Why low calorie “snack packs” may make you hungrier
- A very healthy ingredient that can make an unhealthy side dish
- One of the most unhealthy “healthy” drinks
- The most unhealthy type of yogurt and why
- Which type of beans you probably want to avoid
- Most peoples favorite food which can be mistaken as healthy
- A classic healthy food that you shouldn’t buy in stores
- The one type of meat you want to avoid
- Seinfeld and non-fat yogurt
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Episode #101: Aspartame Dangers
- Episode #43: The Dorito Effect with Mark Schatzker
- Homemade granola recipe
- Online health & nutrition coaching with me: Regained wellness coaching
- Support me and the podcast on Patreon: Patreon.com/wellness
- My Amazon #1 book: Taking Back Your Health
We Laughed, We Cried & Now It’s Time To Call It A Day
I’ll admit, it’s definitely tough to navigate the nutrition world. There’s so much information on what’s healthy and what’s not. A lot of it’s been so wrong for a long time and that’s the point of this show, to help you take back your health. It’s here to educate you and get you up to speed on issues like unhealthy healthy foods.
Even though some of these choices I shared today on the show can indeed be unhealthy there is alternatives to most of them. It’s all about making the best choices in whatever situation you’re in. It won’t always go perfect but if you focus on the progress a majority of the time you’re on the right track to taking control of your health.
If you liked this show make sure to subscribe on iTunes and if you really liked it give it a rating and review and feel free to share with anyone that you think would benefit from hearing this information.