This is an interesting one.
I’m talking about the myth of moderation and how what you may believe you’re eating in moderation may be way off. This episode is about how saying all foods can fit might be what’s responsible for our current health and obesity epidemics. Everything in moderation can only work when you take a look at the bigger picture and in this episode, I share how much we are overeating of the things that are supposed to be in moderation and undereating on the things that should make up the core of your diet.
Many people in health and fitness have been spouting off this ‘everything in moderation’ dogma for years but this hasn’t been doing you any favors. Let’s check out why:
In This Episode On The Myth Of Moderation You Will Learn:
- Where this original idea came from
- How you don’t know if your idea of moderation is too much
- The 5 things you are overeating
- The 4 things you’re not eating enough of
- The importance of gut health
- What most people are only eating 3-5 grams worth of everyday
- The changes in our calorie intake over the last 40 years
- The calorie myth
- Why all foods can fit is incorrect
- How much we are overeating and recommended daily minimums for these things
- How to approach a diet overhaul
- The ONLY way that eating in moderation can work
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Episode #14: The Damaging Effects of Sugar
- Episode #122: Why Trans Fats Are So Bad
- Episode #39: The Calorie Myth w/ Jonathan Bailor
- Online health & nutrition coaching with me: Regainedwellness.com/coaching
- My Amazon #1 book: Taking Back Your Health
- Support me and the show on Patreon for $2 a month: Patreon.com/wellness
That’s All Folks, Thanks For Coming Out!
This myth of moderation topic is an interesting one because it makes you step back and take a look at your whole diet and lifestyle. This can be a tough thing for many people when you learn to realize what you do food wise in moderation may indeed be too much and can grow more and more over time.
It’s not your fault though as you’ve been misled by “health experts” telling you to have everything in moderation when they know that looking at your entire approach to diet must be addressed first. We’ve made the junk foods our staple foods and healthy things are what we actually eat in moderation as we only have them here or there as opposed to every day. Hopefully, with this show, you can see why you need to at least cut in half the amount of any negative foods you eat and get those big four up to a decent level.
The problem has been a complete excess of health-damaging foods with no sign of moderation in sight. The good thing is you can start taking control of your health today with some tips in this episode and learn why your health doesn’t need to suffer anymore.