Is everything you’re reading, watching, and listening to actually damaging your health?
Is the news making you sick? Well, it actually is. But it’s not just you, it’s all of us. And I’m not meaning sick as in ‘sick and tired’ but actually physically ill.
We’re learning more and more about the damage that the constant news cycle does to us and how we are bombarded on a daily level with a constant onslaught. My podcast this week looks at the scientific research showing us how the news is making you sick:
Here are some of the topics covered on this episode:
- The tie-in between the news and giant corporations
- How the news has altered over the years
- How you can often be misled by the news and why that is
- The toxicity issue that happens
- Your limbic system and how this is affected by the news
- Cognitive issues that happen from consuming too much content
- The issues between fear and consumption
Some shows mentioned in this episode:
- Episode #47: Primal Body Primal Mind w/ Nora Gedgaudas
- Episode #125: How You Can Better Manage Stress
What To Do If The News Is Making You Sick
It’s crazy to see the physical issues that can happen due to the stress of being constantly bombarded by news cycles. Just as you wouldn’t want to expose yourself to pollution and chemicals, you would want to avoid the same pollution to your mind.
The problem here is that this over bombardment of stress hormones has a long-term effect on your health and wellness. I do believe, though, that we are more aware than ever about issues regarding the news making you sick.
Stress management is now an invaluable tool, and the more you can practice it, the better you will be health-wise. You should also check out this article from the Guardian by Rolf Dobelli which I reference in the episode. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/apr/12/news-is-bad-rolf-dobelli
It’s important to be informed, you just need to question if the source of the information is valuable, or if it’s causing you too much distress.