The cable Judo flip is a beginner level strength exercise that works on your abdominal muscles. It is an essential move that will target your waist and core if done correctly. The cable Judo flip is a great exercise to strengthen up your abs and works best for men and women, and men over 50 and women over 50.
It is vital that you maximize the contractions as it increases the power of the abs. Read ahead to find out more about how you can perform this exercise.
How To Do A Cable Judo Flip
To perform the exercise, you will need a weight machine that will help to maximize the level of continual resistance exerted on your abs during each rep. It is also recommended that you stand while performing this exercise at this allows a large amount of force to be generated throughout each contraction.
- Before you begin with the exercise, locate the weight machine at the gym or fitness center. Find a rope attachment and click it onto the pulley hook. Make sure to set the hook at the lowest setting on the cable or weight machine.
- To get into your starting position, with your feet wide apart, stand in front of the machine with your back facing the machine. Stand a little to the right. Twist your body backward towards the weight machine and hold onto the end of the rope attachment. Pull and position the cable in such a way that it falls over your right shoulder.
- With your legs straight, pull and cable as you twist and bend your body to the left, as far as you can go comfortably. Hold the position for one second.
- To end the position, allow the rope to retract upward so that you are once again standing against the machine with the cable over your shoulder.
- For a full set, repeat the reps on the right side of your body. Once the reps are finished, switch to the left side of the cable machine. Perform the same number of reps for a full set on the left side of your body.
Note: When performing the cable Judo flip, ensure that your legs are planted straight. Make sure to use your core instead of your arms to move the weight. If you use your arms, there will not be enough resistance to your core for effective results.
Benefits Of Cable Judo Flip
- Suitable for beginners
- Will condition and strengthen the core and waist
- Great strength exercise
- Several variations available
While performing the cable judo flip, the primary muscle group that is being worked is your abdominal muscles, followed by the auxiliary muscles.
The cable judo flip is the perfect strengthening exercise for men and women. You can wear a glove or use weightlifting chalk for better grip. Follow the steps properly, and you can avail the expected results shortly.